Back to News
Shingles, Flu & Pneumococcal Vaccinations
Posted on 7 Jul 2020
Please ask at reception about booking an appointment for:-
- if you are between 70 and 80
- Chronic respiratory disease such as asthma requiring regular inhaled steroids, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic heart disease
- Chronic kidney or liver problem
- Immunosuppression due to disease such as HIV/AIDS or treatment such as cancer treatment (and household contacts of at risk individuals)
- Asplenia or dysfunction of the spleen
- Morbidly obese adults with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or above
- Chronic neurological disease such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease or learning disability (where clinically vulnerable)
- If you are over 65 or have a chronic disease
If however you are unsure at this time whether to go ahead with any of the vaccination above and need more advise. Alternatively you can ring and request a phone call with one of our Practice Nurse.
We would also be grateful if you are choosing at this time not to go ahead and have any of the vacinnations above that you give us a ring and we can decline you on our system.